Hello! It's been a while! South Georgia Hotrods
The Local Area's Home for Gearheads!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Hello! It's been a while!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> Heartbeat Hangout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank
VP Red (105 octane)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Hello! It's been a while! Reply with quote

OK, So it's been a while since I dropped in. I apologize. Bought a new computer a while back, and I leterally just ignored this once for over a year. Tonight I turned it on for the first time in, I don't know how long, and I was amazed at how much stuff I never transfered to the new computer. This site being one of them. It's a bitch getting old!

Anyway, since I was here last, My daughter Graduated from Georgia Southern, and is now employeed by Univerals Studios in Orlando, after completing her internship there. Her major was Fashion and Marketing, and she's working in the costume department, since she's in the costume design studio, I supppose that a related field.

I bought a new truck just three weeks ago, today. It's a GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab. I't loaded, except for 4 options:
I declined leather seats because I have a bad habit of jumping into the drivers seat with screw drivers and other sharp impliments of destruction in my back pocket, and Cloth, even "Premium Cloth" is cheper to fix than Leather.
I also declined the DVD player, because the back seat will usually be filled with no one but tools.
I declined the sun roof, because I've never had a GM vehicle on which the sun roof didn't leak!
and...
I declined the Nav-system, because my phone has a better nav system than GM does, and On Star offers turn-by-turn nav, anyway. How many do I need?

I did get the "Bedrug" bed liner, and the cargo control system, which is a set of rails that mount in the bed sides, and three tool boxed hand on them below the rails, so the tonnau cover can seal to the top of the bed rails. Also the load rails allow the cross bed tool box to bed slid to the rear of the bed for loading and unloading. The tailgate also locks, and so when the cover is closed and the gate is locked the stuff back there is pretty secure. When everything is lock down, the alarm system covers the bed, too.

The truck is Dark Metalic Gray, with light gray interior. It's very comfortable. We took it to Orlando last week to move my daughter's things to her new apartment. The truck did well, even pulling a 12 foot trailer with 2 rooms of furnature in it. Avg'd 15.6 mpg round trip. Not too bad.

I still have the 72 Dodge Dart, and the 94 5.8L Ford Van, and the 2000 Chevy Pick up, and the '06 Saturn Ion 3. The GMC is an "and", not an "instead of". For now, anyway.

Well, that's what I've been up to. You?
pocket3799
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much new here. Got a truck also....02 Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab

Jeff
1969 Falcon
1971 Maverick project
1984 LX 5.0 Convertible
1/8 et:10.188 @ 68.06 60 ft:2.189
1/4 et:16.025 @ 84.31
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> Heartbeat Hangout All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: