For Frank.. What to do with a 351?? South Georgia Hotrods
The Local Area's Home for Gearheads!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

For Frank.. What to do with a 351??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> Blue Oval Boulevard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pocket3799
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: For Frank.. What to do with a 351?? Reply with quote

Hi!

I was going through some old files and came across the site, again. Yeah, I know I'm a MoPar guy in FordLand, but what the hell...

I do have a Ford question though. I have a 94 CLub Wagon (van), that I'm looking to sell. It has a 5.8L (351) in it, and I've been thinking of finding something interesting to put it in. I' don't want to do a Mustang, because it's "been done". I was thinking more along the lines of a 90's or early 2000 Crown Vic, or something on that order. I've also considered a late 40's early 50's truck.

I'd like to pull the entire drive train for the transplant. Here's the questions.

Anyone have a clue as to the mods need to put the van's drive train into a Crown Vic (besides the obvious narrow the rear)? In particular I'm looking for engine and trans mount points, etc.

Any web sites I can go to to get measurements on both vehicles, and possibly even on 40's- 50's pickups.

btw, I also considered a 29 pick up, and that swap is pretty east.

Thanks,
Frank

Jeff
1969 Falcon
1971 Maverick project
1984 LX 5.0 Convertible
1/8 et:10.188 @ 68.06 60 ft:2.189
1/4 et:16.025 @ 84.31
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pocket3799
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rearend in a crown vic should be an 8.8, would leave it and just upgrade it, gears, axles..

Motor mounts would have to be changed.

Or you could drop it in something like an old Falcon

Jeff
1969 Falcon
1971 Maverick project
1984 LX 5.0 Convertible
1/8 et:10.188 @ 68.06 60 ft:2.189
1/4 et:16.025 @ 84.31
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dedge
C12 (108 octane)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcon FTW....oh yeah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> Blue Oval Boulevard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: