some stuff for sale, trade, whatever... South Georgia Hotrods
The Local Area's Home for Gearheads!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

some stuff for sale, trade, whatever...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> The Flea Market
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie R.
Premium Unleaded (93 octane)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the radios today. They were sent on the 7th.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this, but the radios only work one way. You cannot talk back and forth to somebody and the other person hear what your saying. So where are we at now with this deal??

Jamie R.
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and last night when I was putting them up after we figured out they did'nt work correctly, one fell out of my hand and hit the floor and the little holder for that one broke. The holder could be glued back together, but I was being up front about this.

Jamie R.
dedge
C12 (108 octane)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, im sorry it took so long. I was totally honest with you he whole time. I also stated that they worked fine the last time i used them which was quite a time ago. I wouldnt lie to you or try to rip anyone off for a measly $15. Im not that kind of person and besides if i were gonna do that then it woulda been for alot more money but anyhow.

I will do what youy wish me too. I will send yout he money back and you can keep them or trash them i dont care. I was totally honest with you and told you the truth. again im sorry about the outcome but i believe you were aware that theyt were at least 5 years old and the condition they were in as i had stated. Its up to you dude.

it wont bother me either way. honest. Thumbleft

this is my actual original post
Quote:
Cobra Two-way radios ~ $ 20 OBO
I bought these probably 5 years ago. They are in perfect working condition and arent even scratched on the screens. they would be great for the track. They have a 2-mile range. I can't find the specs on them because i bought them so long ago. They take AAA batteries and rechargable batteries can be installed but THEY DO NOT HAVE A CHARGer with them. I paid $100 for these but we all know that the technology was a lil more expensive then. Like i said, they would be great for the track or something.

Jamie R.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your post you do say they are 5 years old but then you also say they are in perfect working condition. I'm kind of guessing you did'nt put new batteries in to check them out before you said they worked pefectly.Well lets see here. I'm not trying to be an *ss about this but look at the review of all this. You got my money order on the Dec. 25 and said You were going to send them out ASAP. I ask on January 3rd about them and you say yeah they had been sent and you would check and I should see them soon. I got them yesterday on the 14th of January and notice on the box that they were sent out on the 7 th. I put new batteries in them last night and wow, they don't work, well, one does work good. Now this is just me and my opinon on the matter but if I was selling something I would check and make sure it works correctly and I would send the piece out when it supposed to go out myself so I knew it got took care of. I know you keep saying you will send the money back, but you have'nt and hey they were used and I even broke one of the clips myself. I know what I would do. You should do what you think is right because really I have been asking you more about this than you asking me because the money got there when I said it would. Again I am not trying to be a hard to deal with guy here and not trying to come off as an *ss and I think I have showed quite a bit of patience looking back at the time frame. I think both Mikes know me well enough to know what kind of dude I am and if I am sounding wrong here then let me know. The 15 bucks is'nt the thing it's the principal of how this transaction has been. Take it easy.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover on the MM&FF's August '07 Issue
dedge
C12 (108 octane)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally get your point of view.

Here what we should do.

You send me the radios back....when i recieve them i will send you the $15 back and we can call it even.

Again i apologize for all this and i wish it wouldn't have turned out this way. I think this is the only fair way to take care of this.

My address is

David Edge
1856 George Griffin Rd.
Wray, GA 31798
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get them heading back to you and I'm sorry about the clip being broken. Hey if they work for you then let me know, I may very well have been doing something wrong. Take it easy.

Jamie R.
dedge
C12 (108 octane)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and i look forward to straightening this out.
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm'ed tracking number
dedge
C12 (108 octane)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man Thumbright
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would provide a update on this ongoing little deal here. As of today on the 28th I have not recieved the 15 bucks back. I sent the radios back to him on the 17th and I think he recieved them on the 18th, I could be mistaken about that but he got them back in a timely manner. I got a pm from him on the 21st saying the money is on the way, well after not seeing anything I thought I would pm him again. On the 25 he pm's me back saying the money envelope got mixed up and so on and well it was on the way again. Today is the 28th and I still have'nt seen the money. I would like to believe him when he tells me it's coming but it is pretty hard to do after all the mishaps on his end. If the money shows up tomorrow I'll be posting on here that it did, but I think the mail should have showed up over here by 3 days, well it should have before then but that's neither here nor there. I'm not trying to be an asshole here but I think I have upheld my end both times here.

Jamie R.
capri man
My teeth are my own, I have the receipt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie, you wanna go visit him for a little social call?? Thumbright
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money did'nt show up again today, I'm not surprised. He keeps talking a big game of giving that money back, but I think by now everybody on here knows whats up and you should'nt be dealing with him. My mistake was sending the radios back before he sent me the money back, well my bigger mistake was getting them from him in the first place.

Jamie R.
capri man
My teeth are my own, I have the receipt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the moderators should just ban him from the site!!
Jamie R.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the money today.

Jamie R.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Georgia Hotrods Forum Index -> The Flea Market All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: